Nothing beats camping

Nothing beats camping
What an amazing camping trip in Wyoming

Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Wheat Belly

I have recently been introduced to an AMAZING book called Wheat Belly.  It is written by a cardiologist that basically was tired with the normal dogma of American medicine, in other words, "just take drugs".

some months ago my wife placed me on this crazy diet called Paleo, i thought she was crazy.  But, i am here to tell you it works awesome.  in three months i went from a 38 to a 32 pant size, i can actually see my abdominal muscles for the first time in 20 years, i am happier, sleep better and can exercise more.
For years i would exercise and eat right but i was eating what most doctors tell us to, "oh jared just eat more grains," is what my primary care doc would say but the gut would not get smaller.
It wasn't until i cut out ALL WHEAT, ALL GRAINS AND NO GLUTIN that everything changed.  SO IF YOU ARE DONE BEING FAT,  TIRED, SORE JOINTS, HAVE NEUROPATHY, DIABETES AND DEPRESSED then purchase The Wheat Belly, it will change how you look at the American diet and how all these government programs and health care doctors are wrong when they say, "oh just eat more grains
Did you know wheat can spike your blood sugar more than a snickers bar?  its true.
WARNING: you have to actually care about your health and those who love you if  you do this diet.  you have to stop letting food control you and you need to eat to live not live to eat.
I recently had a patient ask me, "dr shippee, my joints ache and my feet burn and tingle, what can be done?" 
I said, " do you want to treat the cause or treat the symptoms."  he said, " treat the symptoms."  THAT IS NOT THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO WOULD SUCCEED ON THIS DIET.   he would rather take drugs to mask how he feels than treat what is causing it.   I was actually sad for him after i heard his response.
I am also amazed at how many diabetic patients do not even know how insulin, sugar and the big gut form.
Let me tell ya:  your blood sugar is  high, you take insulin, it lowers the blood sugar and the sugar gets converted to fat and stored in your gut (thats why soo many type 2 diabetics are fat), as your blood sugar goes down, you get hungry so you eat, your blood sugar goes up, you take insulin, it lowers your blood sugar, removing it from your blood and storing it as fat in your gut and that is a never ending cycle.  Then as your gut increased, your gut fat produces a hormone called leptin and that begins to dysfunction and this  makes you more hungry....ya see. The answer is not to keep taking insulin, the answer is cut out blood sugar spikes, eat more whole foods, veggies, fruit and whole meats AND NO WHEAT.  then you need to EXERCISE daily.
so right now, get on amazon.com and purchase THE WHEAT BELLY, it will change your life.

3 comments:

  1. I love the article. I cut out wheat after years of battling a gut and being a diabetic, and now i feel better now than i have in 10 years. My doctor never recommended cutting out wheat. thank you for thinking outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother in law cut out grains and went paleo as well and has lost 15 pounds and looks and feels great!!!!

    ReplyDelete