Nothing beats camping

Nothing beats camping
What an amazing camping trip in Wyoming

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

never too old

I enjoy hearing stories of older individuals who live life and care about their health.  My own dad is my inspiration.  I call him wolverine, 80 years old and kickn' butt.  I walk through the grocery store and am in awwwww at the number of individuals who are in their 40's and 50's obese and in motorized carts....it actually breaks my heart.  Why you ask?  because they are robbing themselves and those that love them of precious years, years that could be spend enjoying life and what it has to offer, but instead they are depressed and sad and limited in what they can do.  I watched Sting the artist on David Letterman last night and what a cool cat Sting is.  he turned 60 and said that he has never felt better.  I read some interviews with him once and he said how he makes it a priority to exercise and eat right, to stay young both mentally and physically.  Looking at him i would have never guessed he was 60, he is in great shape, what an inspiration.  some say, "well he is rich and can find time to take care of himself."  you don't have to be rich to be healthy...drop the pop, pick up some water, drop the donut, pick up an apple...only you control how often you move and what  you put in your mouth.  If you want to be happy, the best antidepressssssent does not come in a pill, it does not come in a bottle, it comes from placing one foot in front of the other...GET OUT AND MOVE, EXERCISE IS MEDICINE.  Look at obese individuals, do they look happy, typically they do not, they look run down and tired...get out and live, be active and inspire those around you. 
be like Sting and my father.....

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more Dr. Shippee!!! Keep em comin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a video of sly stallone and it was truly inspiring. It makes me realize that age is all relative. He is in better shape than most of the guys in their 30's I know.

    ReplyDelete