Nothing beats camping

Nothing beats camping
What an amazing camping trip in Wyoming

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

flat feet

I had a patient come to me some weeks ago who complained about her painful feet.  x-rays were taken and she had very flat feet.  I discussed with her how we need to change the way her feet hit the ground when walking.  I told her this can be done via custom orthotics or Sole orthotics which are some of the best "over the counter" orthotics.  She was never told she needed orthotics, she was just given steroid shots after steroid shots with no relief.  I told her steroid shots "mask" the problem, not cure the problem.  The goal is to change how her feet functions and this can be done with orthotics.  So my point is, ask your foot doctor if you need orthotics, don't just rely on shots to make you feel better..

No comments:

Post a Comment