Nothing beats camping

Nothing beats camping
What an amazing camping trip in Wyoming

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 15, 2013

Pain and Nutrition

I was fortunate enough to attend a conference last week in Texas.  The topic was Pain and Nutrition, and it was awesome.  My eyes were opened to the connection and now I more than ever feel i need to preach the topic and encourage my patients to take control of their health.
I was seeing a patient last week, she told me she weighed 300 pounds.  I asked her how her blood sugar was and she said, " well my doctor just raised my insulin, so its pretty controlled."  I said, "since you had your insulin raised, have you noticed any weight gain?"  She said, "yes."  I asked her, "when your blood sugar goes up and you take your insulin, your blood sugar goes down right?"  I asked, "where does it go?" She just looked at me like she was totally stumped, she had no idea. I told her it went to fat.  I then told her, doctors should tell their patients to eat right and exercise to control their blood sugar because insulin makes you fat, so if you rely on insulin to control your blood sugar you will get bigger and bigger.
There was one big point all the doctors at this conference made: no refined sugar, wheat, white flour.  They all spike blood sugar and make you fat.
Soo my point is, eat to live do not live to eat.  You only get one body, why would you fill it with crap.  Also all the physicians at this conference emphatically made the point that all these diet drinks are worse for you than any type of coffee, tea, form of smoking.  They also all agreed on a few supplements everyone should take:  Krill oil, Tumeric, product to nourish joints, multivitamin, Probiotic, digestive enzymes and more.
I recommend a set of videos to all my patients: go to youtube and type in "The Skinny on obesity."  Watch all 7 videos....and read two books, The Wheat Belly and Primal Blueprint.  They will change your life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment